September 21 - 22, 2017
4th International Symposium on Systems Biology of Microbial Infection (SBMI)
Date: September 21 - 22, 2017
Place: HKI-Center for Systems Biology of Infection, Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans-Knöll Institute (HKI), Beutenbergstrasse 11a, Jena
Registration: Registration is necessary, but doctoral researchers of the CRC FungiNet are invited to participate free of charge!
The systems biology of microbial infection aims to understand the interaction between hosts and pathogens by the integrative combination of experiment and theory. The focus of this symposium is on the interaction between the immune systems of humans or animals and bacterial or fungal pathogens. We welcome contributions that, for example, concentrate on
- unraveling pathogenicity mechanisms by a systems biology approach,
- reconstructing cellular networks based on time series data,
- analysing spatio-temporal aspects of infection processes,
- identifying diagnostic biomarkers and potential drug targets,
- exploring strategies for personalized therapy.
Abstract: You are invited to submit your abstracts on work related to microbial infections, preferentially combining experimental and theortical analyses not later than June 15, 2017.
For more information: